EXHIBITOR AND INDUSTRY ADVOCACY
ICA provides representation for independent cinemas and undertakes advocacy on their behalf on issues such as exhibition, distribution, piracy, competition and accessibility.
ICA represents members’ interests and concerns in crucial ongoing discussions with the following organisations:
- Film Exhibition and Distribution Code of Conduct Administrative Committee (FEDCAC), the organisation that administers the voluntary code of conduct for exhibitors and distributors
- Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia (MPDAA), Australian Independent Distributors (AIDA) and Hollywood studios on issues relating to distribution
- Australian Screen Association and Creative Content Australia on issues relating to piracy/movie theft
- Screen Australia on issues relating to the peak government film agency
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Human Rights Commission on issues such as disabled access
ICA received ACCC authorisation for information sharing between members and collective bargaining with film distributors in March 2018.